The possum is here to stay; for the night anyway.
Letâ€™s tally up the week, shall we?
- Found out I didnâ€™t get the big promotion (insult to injury, they actually had two positions and I didnâ€™t get either).
- The Christmas lights I spent all weekend putting up to make my 2 year old happy have died. Three different strands. Itâ€™s dark when I get home from work, so it will be Saturday before I can even think about putting new ones up.
- Our one year old $300 TV is dead and thereâ€™s no one I can talk to but two people in Hong Kong who canâ€™t speak English and have yet to reply to e-mail.
- Our 4 year old dryer inexplicably dies. The rusted washer sitting right next to it keeps plugging away, though.
- Got a letter from my insurance company stating theyâ€™ve decided I canâ€™t get my epilepsy medication anymore without paying a higher premium. Oddly enough, they left out what that higher premium would be.
- When I got home from work today, the dog had pooped all over the living room. (Bad Dog!)
- With the way things are going, weâ€™re going to have to cancel cable and Internet to pay bills and for Christmas. (Say goodbye to ingraldi.us and protusmose.com[not that either were ever of much use to anyone but myself anyway]).
Score as of Wednesday night:
: 7 : 0
Iâ€™m still managing to hold out hope somehow. Iâ€™m not sure how much Iâ€™ve got left, though. I applied for two great jobs with another company earlier this week. If I can land one of those, it will signal a chance to maybe get ahead for once, or, at least, stop the downward spiral weâ€™ve been careening down for the last year and a half. Iâ€™m smart enough and more than qualified to be great in either position. Iâ€™ve just got to get them to see that.
Wish me luck.